Methi Garlic SalmonIndiSpiceRack
Savoury Indian flatbreads are made with whole wheat flour, kale, potatoes, green chillies, garlic, and spices. Makes 8 to 10 Parathas.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 mins||10 mins||15 mins|
- Non-Stick Frying Pan
- 1 pound salmon fillet, wild-caught cut into 6 pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh fenugreek/methi leaves chopped
- 6 garlic cloves finely minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Rinse and pat dry the salmon. Cut into smaller pieces.
- To a medium bowl, add garlic, lemon juice, methi, olive oil, salt and red pepper flakes. Mix well and add salmon, mixing gently to coat the salmon with the marinade.
- Add olive oil to a pan on medium heat and arrange salmon pieces on the pan.
- Cook uncovered for 6 to 8 minutes depending on the thickness of the salmon turning once or twice. The skin will loosen during the cooking process and can be removed before serving. Enjoy hot.
- Skin-on boneless fillet of salmon works best for this recipe. You can also use salmon steaks if you like. Simply adjust the cooking time based on the thickness of the salmon. A digital thermometer can be used to check for doneness. I always make sure that the temperature of the thickest side is 145 degrees F
- If using frozen fish fillets, make sure to thaw them fully before marinating
- Dried fenugreek leaves (Kasoori methi) can be used in place of fresh methi leaves. Simple crush 1 tablespoon of Kasoori methi on the palm of your hands and add them to the marinade
- Instead of pan frying, you can also bake (400 F for 12 to 15 minutes) or air fry (350 F for 8 minutes) the marinated salmon.
Calories: 204kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated
Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 346mg | Potassium:
584mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 121IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 1mg
Leave a Reply